year in review
I think I am more than a little shy, or as the man said, “He’s a humble fellow, and he has much to be humble about!” Thus I’m not really comfortable with a post like this, but as the man also said, “If you have nothing else to say, talk about yourself.”
2013 was a pretty good year for me. Five of my little stories (including two of my Fathers and Sons pieces) were published within the year:
- “When We Were Young and Life was Full in Us” appeared in the winter issue of The Fictioneer.
- “Travel Light” appeared in Penduline Press in September.
- “Open Country: an allegory” was published by About Place Journal in May.
- “The Lonely Road” also appeared in Penduline Press in March.
- “Time Heals All” was published in the print edition of Temporal Elements in the winter of 2013.
In addition, my story “Pandora’s Tackle Box” was reprinted in Harnessing Fire: A Hephaestus Devotional.
It was also a good year for me running-wise. I completed a number of 5K and 10K runs, joined a running club, and ran my first (but certainly not last) half marathon, which was the hardest thing I have ever done (and I’ve been through childbirth four times)! To top it off, I completed 1,000 miles run in the year during that half marathon. (I even created a category for my posts about this. Click on Running at the right if you want to read about me running on about running on.)
I didn’t read nearly as much as I would have liked in the year but there’s always next year. And in the next year I intend to run a full marathon (as well as at least one half marathon and assorted other runs and another 1,000 miles overall). And I nearly reached 100 friends on Facebook!
What else is there for me in 2014? I think I’m going to try juggling.Explore posts in the same categories: Ramblings Off Topic